Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Last Night

Last night I got to go to the Royal’s baseball game. They, of course, lost like always. But I had lots of fun just being there, I barely ever get to go to games, so it was exciting. Our seats were seven rows back from the dugout; I have never sat that close before! My hands got on the jumbo screen twice, and my face got on once. The time my face got on, I was like, “That person is not very pretty.” then all of a sudden it hit me that that was me! You know how at games you get used to seeing people you don’t know? Well, I was just sitting there and I was really used to seeing unknown faces, when all of a sudden, I looked down the row at one of the friends I went with, and I thought to myself, “That kid looks oddly familiar!”! My mind definitely collapsed at the end of the game, ‘cause I thought that everything that happened was funny. That hot dog launch thing was cool, it headed two rows back from us, where it bounced off into the row right behind us. The guys two rows back from us were in such a hurry to get the hot dog that they spilled their beer all over the guy right behind us! My brother just reached down behind the seat and plucked up the hot dog, I felt very sorry for the guy who got beer spilled all over him, but not sorry enough to give him the hot dog. By the way, those hotdogs are kinda gross! One of the fly balls landed way up top; I saw an old guy slide down to the ground in his haste for the ball. I then made the mistake of telling my friend right beside me a little loudly, and as we laughed at the old guy, two really old guys behind us heard! Poor them. It turned out that my youth pastor was also at the game, he sat higher up than us, and came down to say hello. I was sitting right on the end of all the seats and he came up next to me and said pretty much into my ear: “So are you enjoying the game?” I am afraid that I jumped really high, he startled me so much! At first I had thought he was some weirdo, because one of the guys behind us looked like the Creepy Guy. Well, anyway, it took a long time for my heart to stop pounding so hard, he scared me so much! Being as close as we were, I suddenly got a weird longing to go out onto that freshly mowed field and run around! To make matters worse, I wanted to wear my hoopskirt and do it! I could just imagine running around in my hoopskirt causing thousands of people to stare at me! All and all I had a very good time, despite the fact that I wasn’t allowed onto the field! Rats!

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

That pretty much sums it up. I still am longing for a chocolate milkshake.

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised, I am too. Maybe we can try and go to Sheridans tonight.

Elisabeth said...

I hope so!