Thursday, April 19, 2007

Egypt

I'm back! I actually used to have a different blog, but I can't use it any more for some reason, I hope this one works. I someday hope to go to Egypt, I want to be a archaeologist, I have been reading a lot lately about Egypt and I find it to be so darn cool! I think the fact that they thought that they had to be buried with tons of stuff to use it in the afterlife kinda dumb, but it made it so that we would be able to find all the stuff now. I think that the story of King Tut is really cool. But I like think of his wife/half sister, after Tut died (most likely murdered), she sent a message to the king of her worst enemies, the Hittites, asking him to send one of his sons so she could marry him. She writes that she is afraid, and that she doesn't want to marry a servant. The Hittite king does send a prince to her, but he is ambushed and killed on the way. She is then forced to marry her husband's advisor, who had made Tut pretty much his puppet king. She then disappears from all historical records. I think it is really sad, because she and Tut where only ten when they were married, she had two miscarriages, her husband died when she is eighteen, and then she is forced to marry the man who most likely had her husband murdered. It is also possible that after she married that dude, he had her murdered. He didn't need her anymore, after all, he married her for the throne and once he got it, she was no longer necessary. All I can say is: Poor girl. I find her story to be both tragic and cool. Tragic for her, but cool for a history geek like me.

6 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Emma, that is way cool. I'm afraid I always found ancient Egypt boring and just plain weird, but I like that story.
I think I'm turning into a blogging geek like Mr. Kettler. (My dad says he thinks thats all he does all day!)

Elisabeth said...

P.S. Where the heck did you get the name "HHhhhhh"????

Anonymous said...

HHhhhhhh stands for the whole family, you know how there are two big H's and six of us little h's!

Elisabeth said...

Ooookay. Gotcha.

Mariah said...

you guys called my dada blogging geeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!(well,I kinda agree)

Mariah said...

you guys called my dada blogging geeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!(well,I kinda agree)