Thursday, April 26, 2007
Going Old Fashioned Camping!
I am very excited, because this week for two days I get to be a person from the late seventeenth century, and the early eighteenth century. We will be living, eating, dressing, and cooking just as they did on the frontier back then. We aren’t allowed anything modern, and I am extremely excited, it’s going to be so cool! We are going to be camping, and I just hope I don’t get any ticks, yuck! Last year they had a pan throwing contest, where the wives got to heave pans at their husbands’ heads. Apparently one lady almost hit her husband dead center, and he didn’t even flinch. I have no clue why they do that, I guess it does give the ladies a chance to legally kill their husbands, but why they would want to do that? But they aren’t doing it again this year. Rats! I am mad that I won’t be able to wear my hoopskirt, they wouldn’t have worn them on the frontier because they would have been in the way. I shall have incredibly flat skirts I guess. I just can't wait, I am very excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No hoops! Gasp!
P.S. You have no idea how jealous I am!!!
Post a Comment