I decided to post a small saga about Bertha (to bad she didn't have a better name!), this is just a small explaination about her
Miss Robertha Josephine Watt, 12, was born in Aberdeen, Scotland, on 11 September 1899, and was with her mother Bessie Watt on Titanic bound for Portland, Oregon where they were to join her architect father.
They were originally booked on the New York, but because of the coal strike were transferred to the Titanic.
Aboard the ship Bertha befriended an English girl, Marjorie Collyer.
They were rescued in lifeboat 9.
Twelve years old at the time, her most vivid memory was that she was roused from her sleep, and told to say her prayers because the Titanic was in trouble. She wrote about the experience as a student in 1917 for the Jefferson High School newspaper in which she claimed:
To be continued someday...hee, hee, hee!
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Very interesting. But it just figures you would do that to me...not let me know what happens next. Grrrr! :(
Hey Emily,
I just wanted to ask you what was up with you having your friends 7th on your most favorite things. I feel sooo hurt that you like history more than me. you owe us a huge explanation:):)
love you,
Stephie
yeah, what she said. :)
Emma~
I agree with Elisabeth on her first comment.
Stephie and Elisabeth~
Emily was just listing the things that she liked but not in any particular order. (I think.)
Post a Comment